Thursday 26 January 2017

Why me? Why now? Why at all...?

Over the years I have had a few blogs, long abandoned or deleted or put away for another day, what started in the early 2000's a blog about my kids and early motherhood became 10 years later a more desperate cry for help when motherhood, life and work became overwhelming and I sank pretty low into depression, it moved to a blog in the following years in which I survived and climbed back to health and a work in progress happiness, I have had many journeys in this life of mine, and perhaps one day I will feel brave enough to share those...But many a blog was just too much of me to give to the world.
So why now? Why in a world with a million blogs, within a world where I am trying to understand this complex relationship we/I have engaged in, trying to talk to, to reach out to complete strangers? Trying to be known or to know others? Is social media helping us? Or is it driving us under? With so much news/fake news/leaked or engineered news, with SO much content flying around it is hard to tell.
Why join in? I don't have a very good answer, other than I just cant keep it all in anymore, so this is written for me as much for anyone who may read it there are certain political and sociological events that have baffled, berated, belittled and befuddled me in the last couple of years. I don't quite know what is happening and I don't quite know how to stop it. In times of need we reach out for people's help and we hope that someone is listening...
I am a person
I am a mother
I am a spouse
I am a charity fundraiser
I am a feminist
I am a runner
I am a trying to be healthy food eater
I am an expat or an immigrant depending on how you see me
I am a teacher (not in some faith sort of way an actual literal teacher)
I am trying to be better...
I have suffered, I have learnt I am still learning.
In this blog my plan is to write about the things that matter to me, being a parent, being a woman, food and trying to help out any which way we can. I am currently fundraising by doing the Brighton Half Marathon see Instagram I am injured at the mo :-(
I am fundraising for The Homeless Period and Mon Cartable Connecté
https://www.lepotcommun.fr/pot/44rc2jp5

No comments:

Post a Comment